Getting Started For Patients and Families
There is a great deal of information available about end-of-life care and options. At times, it can be overwhelming. This section of the Web site is dedicated to simplifying the information that is currently out in the media. Our goal is to help educate you about your options so that you can make an informed decision that aligns with your values and wishes… or the values and wishes of the person that you are caring for.
In this section, you will find the following tools:
- Self Assessment: A personalized online survey that will pinpoint the end-of-life issues that matter most to you and direct you to the specific areas within this Web site that can educate you about those issues.
- National Resources: Quick links to useful Web sites and online tools that can help you broaden your knowledge about end-of-life care issues and aid in your decision-making process.
- Southwestern Pennsylvania Resource Directory: A comprehensive guide to resources about end-of-life issues for residents of southwestern Pennsylvania.
- Helpful Tools: An index of important documents and tools for end-of-life planning that you can download and complete.
- Books and Manuals: A listing of books and manuals dealing with end-of-life care issues.
- Useful Terms: An online glossary of important terms and acronyms for patients and families.